I had a dream I was in Guam, with my dad... but something was terribly wrong with the village. There was some sort of war going on. I was pregnant... judging by the size of my belly, I was about seven months along and I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl. But we did an ultrasound and the doctor looked up at me terrified. "Your baby isn't alive... but something else is." There was a rattlesnake wrapped around my babies neck. I looked down at my stomach and I could see the outline of a snake. A lot of mothers were crying in a cafeteria... some of the snakes were being born and some of the babies were being born half snake... half human. I remember running because they were dying and there was nothing that I could do... I went to hide in a ditch but there was a little boy in a pool of water, face down and drowned.
The last I remember, I moved into a house... but everything was upside down and everything was covered with dust. There were a bunch of guys with long facial hair... they had knives and they wanted to cut the baby out but I was afraid, so they held a gun up to my belly and said... "we're just going to kill the snake."
I woke up. I kept my eyes closed.... I don't remember if I went back to sleep but I must have.
I feel this terrible emptiness. I get lonely. I feel like as my body continues to fail me, I fail everybody else... and I know it's my brain. My brain. My brain makes me feel guilty enough and when it's projected on to me and I'm told... "nobody asked you to talk." I just want to go inside myself and live there... if the inside of myself was a stoic cloud.
I cut people off when they yell at me a lot. Usually inside my head and I'm catatonic... I don't want to talk because it escalates so rapidly and my brain shoots like rockets. The angry little girl inside me is pounding and pounding... "let me say something!"
I cut people off when they yell at me a lot. Usually inside my head and I'm catatonic... I don't want to talk because it escalates so rapidly and my brain shoots like rockets. The angry little girl inside me is pounding and pounding... "let me say something!"
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment