Sunday, February 15, 2015

To My Precious Little Warrior,

Arya, you are without a doubt my best friend and the best thing that have ever happened to me. Being your mommy is my favorite thing in the whole wide world and I am forever grateful that you exist and have changed me for the better.

You are incredibly courageous, gorgeous, funny, and for a little human... you're undeniably compassionate, intelligent, independent and you humor us all on a day to day basis.

During this time, last year, I was confined to a hospital bed with Jessie and daddy by my side. I was scared but determined to bring you into the world so that I could just hold you and love you and start our lives together. The next day, your birthday, Noni was joining the fight and not one of them left until you were here.

Since then... every breath you've taken in the outside world has opened all of our lives to an adventure of epic proportions and although I didn't think it possible for a heart to hold so much love, your family and I love you more and more each day... and will love you infinitely more and more.

Mama has been sick and that's been an obstacle in itself and I feel bad that there are days that I can not dance and hold you as much as I would like to. As you grow older, you'll realize that life throws you days... sometimes weeks and months that are trying but we do the best we can and a little love goes a long way.

When you're older you'll be making mistakes... sometimes little and sometimes huge ones but I promise you, I'll be there... I'll do my best not to judge and I'll always, always love you. I'll love you with your feats and I'll love you for your faults and just hope that I'll be a loving guide.

You're growing so fast. You look different every day and are becoming ferociously independent.  You want to feed yourself, you loathe being dressed and you want to participate in everything that we do. You hold books upright and delicately turn through the pages. You kiss us and you kiss your animals. You meow and clap at kittens. Today you thanked your father with a very clear, thank you when he offered you food.

You were feverish all day but in good spirits.  You like to cuddle up with mom or dad like a little fire drake. You're helpful in the bath and you always want to help mommy wash herself.

Tomorrow we will celebrate the day when you joined us all on the outside... and every day after I'll continue to be amazed and more fond of you. You, as if I could love you any more than I already do.

I love you, Arya. Here's to a life of never ending adventure.

Love Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment