So one of my kids is leaving the Pre-K program and moving in with her mom for a bit. I am sure that's hard for dad, staying in Germany because it was just the two of them. She kept telling me, 'I will weeeeally miss you, Miss Conklin.' We drew pictures and told stories and it was fun. However, when dad came to pick her up she kind of lingered at my side. 'Miss Conklin?' I said 'What's wrong, baby?' She looked up and said with tears welling up, 'It's my yast day. I'll never see you again!' And she started to crumble. I scooped her up and just held her to me and she sobbed on my chest. Heart breaking. Dad was in uniform and put his hands over his face and just started weeping. Ms. Debbie started crying too. I couldn't cry though. I just held her and started whispering that everything would be wonderful and she'd make so many new friends and we'd never forget all the fun we had getting to know her. Oh man, tear my heart out, little girl. :(
No time for tears afterward. Little K was shaking with her eyes all glazed. I had wrapped her up in blankets prior because she wasn't feeling well and I kept her cradled in my lap until I could get a thermometer. Then there was the sad departure with my little friend. Anyway, when I took her temp it was 103.7 with only a few minutes before final pick up. This was the third high fever this week. I sent one of the babies home with 101.3 and so forth. I've grown accustomed to having little fire dragons resting on my chest and shoulders. Hopefully, I am immune. I just want my kiddos to feel better. I guess dad was going to take her to the hospital. I told him to take the blanket with them and just keep her comfortable.
Now I am supposed to get ready for a dress up party but I am just sooo exhausted and we have a mandatory staff call tomorrow morning. So I may flake out, like always.
Had lunch with Tariq today on my break from work. Other than that? Its been work alllllllll day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment