My Dearest Arya,
There have been 3 wonderful years that you have been in this world. I can't tell you what a treasure you've been to me, your dad and everybody who's world you're a part of.
You're my favourite person in this entire universe and you mean absolutely everything to me. It has been such a gift to watch every milestone and watch you explore the world eagerly and most enthusiastically. As trite as it may be, I can't fully articulate how amazing you are. Words always seem to get swallowed up, boring, redundant and watered down.
Your daddy and I talk about you fondly every day, even when you're trolling us and avidly getting on our nerves... another charming albeit frustrating craft you've mastered. However, there isn't a day that you haven't made us, smile, laugh, or make our hearts hurt from all the love you've loaded in our cold dark hearts. :)
Mark, now 5 months old, is absolutely awestruck by you. It's endearing. You call him "honey" and try to help out often. You're a such a kind and nurturing soul. He loves it when you talk to him, share toys and offer to hang out with him in the tent. I love watching you read to him. He loves it too.
You know how smart you are, right? I tell you every day. You are sharp with your letters and are quite perceptive to even the slightest detail. It's astounding but at the same time not surprising. You love crafting, playing outside and you're still obsessed with cars, planes, rocks, marbles and Star Wars. You have a plush Stormtrooper, whom you named "Star Wars Guy" and he is one of your best friends. What's baffling to me is your wit. You are snarky and sarcastic, you roll your eyes and come up with the funniest retorts. But you're a winning balance of snarky and compassionate so that's not so bad.
Poop. Child, I wish you'd stop talking about poop, butts, and farts 24/7 BUT sometimes it makes me laugh, despite my efforts to "hold it in". Pun intended, Arya. You're always asking questions and you're genuinely eager to learn new things. You love finding out why things are or the way things work.
Your rad dance moves are impressive to almost everybody. If not, they're just jealous, naturally. Right now... you're singing a song to your brother that you improvised on the spot. "Cookie butt... cookie butt... I love you."
Alright, Cookie Butt... I'm going to cry if I don't finish this up.
Millions of hugs, raspberries and big kisses on the lippies.
Happy Birthday, booger. I love you more than the moon.
Xo,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment