This day has always been special to me because I can reflect on the love and strength I've gained over the years from one of my all time favorite humans... my dad. This particular holiday has in turn become more extraordinary to me because we celebrate this holiday with a new family member, my daughter's father... Rob.
As surprising as it sounds I've learned a lot about patience through my dad. My brother and I have always been late bloomers and although his patience has been stretched incredibly thin... he's never failed to always be patient and his love has never ever failed us, not once... not ever.
A best friend through and through no matter how hard we've screwed up... he's always picked up and been able to laugh with us and offer his advice. I'm forever grateful.
My dad has shown us the world and has never doubted we could have whatever we wanted in the world if we tried for it. He's one of the most selfless human beings I know, compassionate, smart and good looks to boot. He's a great adventurer that hasn't slowed down over the years... only proving that he's young at heart, wise beyond his years and you're only as old as you feel.
I'll never forget his creativity and encouragement and how he has always been my hero. I only wish him endless happiness and that he'll live to be over 150. I'm proud of my papa and I'm glad he's mine.
I can't speak for Arya but I know her face lights up when she's face to face with daddy. They love to play and share laughs together. I'm excited to watch them grow together.
Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment