
At work but the kids keep me laughing. I finally got to be with my Kindergarteners all day. I guess a lot of parents complained that in my absense the classroom has gone down. They said the classroom has been chaotic, its trashed and their behavior has changed for the worst. One of the parents said, 'You have done the children a great diservice moving Miss Conklin to another classroom.' I guess my boss told them that I was the only qualified teacher that they could move into the infant room and they needed a strong lead. (Because the other teachers are cruel, lazy and clueless)
I had to go back into my classroom today and really take charge. I spent over three hours organizing and I had to be quite strict. When they tried to continue with their misbehavior I had them sit at the table and draw things that were 'quiet'. Then they had German class. Prior to that a child punched me in my eye. (special needs) I had six special needs children in my class these past few days. Grant had a meltdown and I got bruised up trying to keep him from hurting himself and others further. I got him into the cozy area and held him whispering everything was ok. 'Miss Conklin, I need a nap. I need a nap!' Me too, buddy. Me too. You have no idea!
The other kids are great, Grant too. We danced with my ipod, they all wanted to take turns dancing with me. We c-walked, rapped, I made up stories during lunch and I had control again, which was nice.
But I am sick of the shit, and the adults that work there. If I didnt truly love my kiddos, I would have quit months ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment