Thursday, August 23, 2012

Old post...

I have this list of things I want to do before I die... and one of the things I want to do is travel to third world countries and visit orphanages. There are too many babies isolated in their cribs... and there are toddlers being strapped down to seats, anyway, it really messes up with their developments... they grow up sick and jaded and some of them even suffer from forms of retardation. I'm never going to be like Angelina Jolie or some other famous celebrity that impacts kids and third world countries... but I can hug babies and calm them... and and... I want to go to Borneo and fall asleep under a hammock with a baby orangutan on my belly. Also, ever since I was 3 I kind of wanted to be a G.I. Joe... I thought it would be all fun and games... like I thought you'd be able to jump out of a helicopter and swing down a rope and just belly crawl through puddles of mud in military outfits. (My dad never did this.) I want to do that too. I want to walk a tightrope and do a back flip on the border of some state.(Which is stupid but how fun would it say that I back flipped from California to Nevada?) I want to be in some major musical, I want to win a hot dog eating contest and not barf. I want to DJ New York to sleep from a rooftop. I want to write a book about the curious yet awkward occurrences that have happened in my life. Just a bunch of random things... I've accomplished a few already. When I was 5, I couldn't comprehend living after the age of 9... my five year old self would be giving my 26 self a thumbs up if she could see me now. The concept of death startled me at an early age. I was 3 when I realized that my parents weren't immortal. It hit me when I watched an inanimate object fall down the drain. I walked into my parents room crying and told them I knew they were going to die. I don't know the thought came to me. But I also found myself awake many nights struggling with the concept of infinity and God... and how the world came to be... I don't think of these things anymore... it makes my brain hurt. I guess I was always morbid and strange.

Cordially,
*Bree January 31, 2010


1 comment: