I needed that, time to pull away from the Warcraft (although, I can honestly say... PVP'ing with Alex is immensely fun and I predict that we're going to have a pretty damned scrappy arena team. 4 more levels and a little bit more PVP honor points and gear and we're ready for the epic 2v2s) a bit and pay attention to my consoles. The day started off pretty good. Right upon waking, I had to spring from my bed... throw on some jeans... and a hat.... sushi at Blue. Pretty phenomenal.
We picked up the new Dead Space after we had some pretty intense wii battles. Now, I can only imagine what you're thinking... because I was thinking the same thing. Dead Space on wii? Actually, not that bad. A little slow moving and dry the first 45 minutes or so. I'm not really fond of the co-op puzzles but since my kill rate and dismemberment score was higher than Branden's, I can honestly say I had a ton of fun. As you get further into the game, your adrenaline starts pumping a little when you're forced to crawl through dark tunnels. Trying to make your house pitch black dark so it's easier to identify the monster's doesn't make it any easier. I've always loved Dead Space for this... it's one of those games that leaves you anxious and kind of wanting to vomit. Fear! I love it!
I needed to take a break from my brain. I can't stop thinking about things... and how it kills me to stay in one place for a while. My brain doesn't like it. I'm planning on spending a week or two in California for the summer, I'll spend a few days with Sam, then probably plan some amazing trip with my brother and then a week with Alex... and I'm planning a trip to NY with Kristen... within the next few weeks. The only obstacle there is work... and school. So I think it's going to have to be a Thurs-Sunday kind of deal.
Also? It really bums me out that Christmas is just a few days away... and my dad is alone in Germany. I really miss him. My brother is going to stay in California and it's going to be just me and my mom. I veto the holiday.
Random. Random. Random.
Here's another random thought: The more I think about it. I'm a little bothered by the lack of originality in Avatar. I understand that, things have been done millions of times and you can't really argue with the amazing cinematography of the movie. I just wish they would have focused a little less on romantic developments and leaned more toward the battle sequences. Adam and I agreed that, for a second it seems as if ultimate battle was borrowed from Return of the Jedi. Which is logical because when they were fighting on Endor and the Imperial seemed at an overpowering disadvantage... machinery/higher armor waitings vs. Ewoks... spears and the Rebel Alliance forces. The romantic story in itself can easily been seen as a borrowing of Pochahontas... etc, etc.
I'm on a Murakami and Rilke kick again... I need to get into other authors instead of just sticking to the familiars. Safe isn't always the way to go... but damn, I love reading books over and over again. I guess it's because I'm lazy and lack trust in the judgment of others... unless it's Kristen or Alex, as far as literature is concerned.
I'm typing because I don't want to sleep... I should just give in.
No comments:
Post a Comment