Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Two terrific years.


Hey sweet girl, 
I'm trying to write this letter to you without crying. You've been such a joy in my life and I can't believe how fast time flies. You are two years old and I have so many wishes for your future but mostly, I wish you happiness, health and so much love. 

You're a bit under the weather, which is typical. Last year you were also sick on your birthday but it didn't stop you from being in good spirits and having a good time. 

You're independent, strong willed and are becoming your own person and every day I am just in awe. It's almost cliche to talk about how much I'm in love with you and how you astonish me every single day. 

These past few days you've been extra snuggly with me but mommy's body hurts and I wish you wouldn't bang your head on my boobies excitedly and ecstatically scream, "BOOBIES!" Yes, my child. That they are. :) I have to tell you to be careful with mommy's stomach because your little brother or sister is in there. I have no doubt that you'll be the perfect older sibling. 

Some of your obsessions lately are turning away from Spiderman and drawing closer to the likes of Star Wars, Doctor Who and being a member of the FBI, which is hilarious. 

You speak in the most sweet voice but you also speak so eloquently it breaks my heart. You love to show people things and you're starting to tell everybody what's on your mind. You ask a lot of questions. "Where?" "Why?" You make associations and you still have a love for creating things. You like to sing. You love to dance and most of all, you just enjoy being a kid and playing.  So today we celebrate you and do a bit of everything. We'll make crafts, we'll play and we'll watch your favorite movies.

Because you're fierce, you're amazing and you're here another year. I can't believe two years have flown by and you went from my little baby to a charming little person who turns to mom and likes to talk about things. 

I love you more than I ever thought possible. Thank you for being my baby and thank you for all the snuggles and kisses. Thank you for always being concerned about other people and most of all, thank you for just being you... there aren't any others like you. You're unique, you're so smart, funny, and I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. 

Today we celebrate you and all you've done for the world and all the lives you've touched by just existing.  Happy Name Day, my little water dancer. 

Love, love... so much unconditional love.

Mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment