Yesterday was rather productive despite being perturbed that my therapist had to cancel my appointment and the office didn't bother to call. It was nice though, in a way because I was able to go downtown and catch up on my medical bills. I paid off my GP and was able to pay half of my bill for the Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe Professor. I feel like I burned a hole in my bank account. Boo!
Work is still going by quickly. Sunday was also productive. I worked out for an hour at the gym. I weigh 62 kilos. (138) Gross. Then I bought Angie groceries, which was annoying because she complained about being starving and she got 50 dollars worth of junk. I then went home, baked cookies, cleaned and soloed some dungeons with my paladin and Angie's.
I didn't wow at all yesterday. I found myself recently perturbed with the rape culture being glorified in the media and our society's fault in victim blaming. Its sick. The news is so worked up about those two young football players who raped that young girl.
All we hear about is them and no concern about the victim. She was drunk, she was a slut... she asked for it. Look, women typically dress up for other women. Its hard enough to be a woman. Its as if we are obligated to teach ourselves to be safe instead of men being taught not to rape. I am tired of looking for jobs and second guessing myself due to the crime rate. I always ask: How likely is it that I'll be mugged/beatten and raped here? I am tired of walking around terrified armed with pepper spray and my keys between my knuckles.
Anyway, work beckons. More later alongside with part 2 of my open letter.
No comments:
Post a Comment