The first day wasn't that great because I stayed at the airport from 11am to 11pm. (Long story, Tony's car got totalled on the freeway) But I made a nice friend, a London gal, and we chatted for an hour or so in the airport and ended up getting dinner. It was pretty neat and definitely helped pass the time. That, and I at least could text David and Niki. I had music and plenty of books.
I ended up getting ill at the airport, fevery and super irritable and by the time Tony showed up I was breaking out in hives and super duper nauseous. I pretty much got to his place around 2am and slept in the room on the third floor and didnt come down until 2pm. I slept so hard.
The next day was dedicated to resting. Some Samurai Champloo, music discussing and overall catching up after ten years. We picked up Niki that night (my English friend that used to live in Stuttgart) and she's been sharing the room upstairs with me. (oh, Brady, the puppy has been sleeping between us. I love it!)
We all trekked down to London today. We had a late start because of illegal parking of people in town. So we didn't knock off everything on our Sat plan but it was good fun nonetheless. We saw the West Hamm stadium and then went to the Doctor Who shop and museum!!! Niki and I were in heaven! The shop owner was super rad too! Then we went to the oldest pub, hit up some Harry Potter landmarks, and went on a Jack The Ripper walking tour. Part of it was in the famous Diagon Alley. Soooooo fun! I know it all sounds super nerdy but I loved it and I had a blast!
Niki and Tony are drinking downstairs and I am reading in bed. London tuckered me out. Camden Market tomorrow? More bday celebrating? We will see. I am fine with being a bed bum.
No comments:
Post a Comment