Saturday, August 18, 2012

Heed a message, I'm the runner. He's the rebel I'm the daughter waiting for you...

you're my river running high. Run deep, run wild. I, I follow, I follow you, deep sea baby, I follow you.

Things have been going exceptionally well. I am really enjoying being back at my job. I come home with paintings almost every day that are labeled with "Miss Conklin". It's been such a rewarding experience. I also started working out every day before work. I'm still reading a lot but I have been a little distracted and too busy for it lately. My newest book is Libriomancer and I am absolutely in love with it. I have this problem though, with falling asleep with my kindle on my face and Ruedi usually ends up removing it when he comes to bed.

This week has been a little dramatic on the working front simply due to the fact that I had a bronchitis flare up last weekend and have been suffering from asthma attacks on and off. I caused a big stink at work, because even despite my doctor's strong recommendation that I must have my rescue medication with me, in the classroom at all times, it supposedly is against the rules in our facility. After talking with my friend Celia, who works for a kindergarten off post, I'm greatly considering switching to a German job. They make double what I make, have insurance and paid holidays. We'll see.

Working out has been really fantastic. My first week, I lost a pound every day and went down two jeans sizes! I usually like to do 5-7 miles a day and 150 crunches. That's on hold however, until my asthma clears up.

What else is new? I'm part of a Pathfinder campaign which is essentially the same stuff as Dungeons and Dragons and I love it. I'm playing a druid again.

Last Friday I had dinner with my dad and went out with my friend Thommy Duschek and a friend of his. We drank whiskey and traded fun stories. Ruedi had left for Serbia, for a wedding so I had the house to myself. Went shopping on Saturday with my friend Ashley and then had a girl's night with one of my new favorite friends Celia. We drank wine and she brought her dog over to our apartment. Lola is a whippet and I absolutely love her. Sunday was D&D and sushi day.

Yesterday was fun. Ruedi took me to work but when they refused to let me keep my inhaler within reasonable reach, I took the day off and Ruedi and I had to get it all sorted out on Patch. I think we came to a reasonable conclusion, if not I might have to get the ADA involved but I think that would be too much trouble for them. We had lunch in the city and hung out at the park in Schlossplatz. Afterwards, we spent an hour or so in the Hugendubel looking through fun children's books looking for a book for Alice. We settled on, Vom kleinen Maulwurf der wissen wollte, wer ihm auf den Kopf gemacht hat. I'm absolutely in love with it. It's about a mole who wants to find out who pooped on top of his head.

I'm taking it easy today. Ruedi is at the Rhein with Sven. I am babysitting some of my students in Vaihingen and tomorrow we are going to spend the day at the pool. I'm pretty stoked. It's ok to be lazy.

Ever since Warren Ellis wrote to me that I should be writing absolutely every day, I have been in notebooks and I feel so much more fulfilled because of it. Things are starting to switch up... and I know I can be completely happy, I'm on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment